I was giving an interview the other day, about being a young entrepreneur. I was asked how it felt to be successful this early in life. Well, I had to laugh. The thing is, Multisport Maps won’t start to make money until next spring. Even then, it’ll probably be a few years until it’s really churning. And don’t get me wrong, I’m looking forward to it. I want the business to be successful, and I want to make money. But, even now, I can see that the company gives me more than that. I’ve had the opportunity these past few months to travel the whole state – to see a lot of places, to meet a lot of people, to train a ton, and to spend more than half my nights under the stars. More than the enjoyment of all these things even (and there’s been a lot), it’s been a formative experience that as a 22 year-old, I’m thankful to have had.
So, while I had a chuckle with the question about success, my answer was serious. I may not yet be financially successful, but so far, I’ve been successful in creating the life I want to live. It feels exhilarating, challenging, fulfilling, and ultimately, it feels right.
Me at my primitive campsite a couple days ago:
No comments:
Post a Comment