I’ve spent this past summer traveling around Vermont, looking for the best multisport training – the best rides, the best running loops or running trails, and the best pools or open water swims. I did it partly for the adventure, but really, I did it to gather the information to start building this website – multisportmaps.com…. a comprehensive guide of places to train for serious athletes. I’m starting with Vermont – if you’re anywhere in the state, and want to know where the closest lap pool is, or you want to know where the closest killer-climb is, or you just want to take a nice, short run from your door, it’ll be here. The full site, with at least the Vermont information included, is being built now (it’ll launch this spring). In the meantime though, I’ll be publishing a blog, developing the Multisport Maps culture - sharing descriptions and reviews of some of the places I visited, sharing some pictures, some stories from the road, and really, writing on anything to do with endurance sports, Vermont, my new home (Colorado), or whatever’s on my mind. I hope you enjoy!

----- Brian Burns

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Vermont (Part 2) – They Took the Bus Away?!

A couple days ago, I posted about a bus being towed away near my childhood house. It was a sort of tongue-in-cheek example of Vermont culture. I mean, where else would this old bus even still be there? And where else would it be such a big deal when it got towed away?

Well, since I posted it, I’ve gotten four calls from friends and family members, living anywhere from Colorado to South Carolina, saying: “They towed that bus away? You’ve gotta’ be kidding me!” I just had to laugh. I found it somewhat funny that this was big news around here. Well, it turns out, it’s big news everywhere.

For those of you still enthralled, here’s another picture of the bus, being towed away:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That bus was once the Bellows Falls YMCA transport. It was a 1949 International Harvester. Thanks for the pictures!