I’ve spent this past summer traveling around Vermont, looking for the best multisport training – the best rides, the best running loops or running trails, and the best pools or open water swims. I did it partly for the adventure, but really, I did it to gather the information to start building this website – multisportmaps.com…. a comprehensive guide of places to train for serious athletes. I’m starting with Vermont – if you’re anywhere in the state, and want to know where the closest lap pool is, or you want to know where the closest killer-climb is, or you just want to take a nice, short run from your door, it’ll be here. The full site, with at least the Vermont information included, is being built now (it’ll launch this spring). In the meantime though, I’ll be publishing a blog, developing the Multisport Maps culture - sharing descriptions and reviews of some of the places I visited, sharing some pictures, some stories from the road, and really, writing on anything to do with endurance sports, Vermont, my new home (Colorado), or whatever’s on my mind. I hope you enjoy!

----- Brian Burns

Friday, September 28, 2007

Up To the Border

This past week, I've been on a research trip through Burlington, and on up around the US/Canada border. It's real pretty, and I really enjoyed my time up there. I visited some family, toured UVM, rode my bike on some really nice country roads, swam (for free) at a pool in Essex, and mostly, enjoyed taking pictures of the countryside and the changing leaves. It goes without saying, too, but I did plenty of work - checking out the whole area for places to train. It was a great trip, and while I'm back home for a few days, I can't wait to head right back up there soon. Some pictures:





No comments: