I’ve spent this past summer traveling around Vermont, looking for the best multisport training – the best rides, the best running loops or running trails, and the best pools or open water swims. I did it partly for the adventure, but really, I did it to gather the information to start building this website – multisportmaps.com…. a comprehensive guide of places to train for serious athletes. I’m starting with Vermont – if you’re anywhere in the state, and want to know where the closest lap pool is, or you want to know where the closest killer-climb is, or you just want to take a nice, short run from your door, it’ll be here. The full site, with at least the Vermont information included, is being built now (it’ll launch this spring). In the meantime though, I’ll be publishing a blog, developing the Multisport Maps culture - sharing descriptions and reviews of some of the places I visited, sharing some pictures, some stories from the road, and really, writing on anything to do with endurance sports, Vermont, my new home (Colorado), or whatever’s on my mind. I hope you enjoy!

----- Brian Burns

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Boulder (Part 2) – the Place

I’ve now set up camp at a house in the North-Central part of town, with another triathlete and stud-cyclist (Randy). I have a nice, organized bedroom that gets a ton of sunlight - I share the living room and kitchen with Randy, and on one out of every couple nights, his girlfriend Andie (a darn-good triathlete in her own right). We have HDTV, wireless, and best of all, a garage just for bikes… complete with racks, hooks, a work station, and plenty of room set-up for our rollers and trainers. Location-wise, the house is 1/4 mile from a section of the Boulder running-trails, one stoplight from the riding north of town, and only a mile or so from Pearl Street and downtown. In all, it’s a real nice place, and a darn good one for me.

A couple pictures:

Bedroom:

Living Room:

Kitchen:

Roomate-Randy doing some post-ride yard work:


And me doing some late-night wrenching in the garage:

No comments: