I’ve spent this past summer traveling around Vermont, looking for the best multisport training – the best rides, the best running loops or running trails, and the best pools or open water swims. I did it partly for the adventure, but really, I did it to gather the information to start building this website – multisportmaps.com…. a comprehensive guide of places to train for serious athletes. I’m starting with Vermont – if you’re anywhere in the state, and want to know where the closest lap pool is, or you want to know where the closest killer-climb is, or you just want to take a nice, short run from your door, it’ll be here. The full site, with at least the Vermont information included, is being built now (it’ll launch this spring). In the meantime though, I’ll be publishing a blog, developing the Multisport Maps culture - sharing descriptions and reviews of some of the places I visited, sharing some pictures, some stories from the road, and really, writing on anything to do with endurance sports, Vermont, my new home (Colorado), or whatever’s on my mind. I hope you enjoy!

----- Brian Burns

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Boulder (Part 3) – The Job???

First things first, Multisport Maps is still the center of my professional attention. That’s my direction, and that’s where my focus is…. I’m still dedicated to creating a fantastic guide for endurance athletes (more on that in the next post). However, as my expenses pile up in a new city, and seeing as though the money-making phase of Multisport Maps has yet to launch (more on this soon too), I’d like to add other work onto my plate. I’ve been looking around – trying to find a local business who needs a hand, or an exciting new startup that can use some of my experience. But as expected, it’s been difficult – it’s hard to find an appealing option after enjoying the work on this project so much.

So the search will continue for a little while longer. I think something will pop up soon, and I’ll certainly share it here when it does. Until then though, wish me me luck.

1 comment:

AmyVT said...

I think you should consider the following professions: private investigator, surgeon, coal miner, milkman, chimney sweep, rodeo clown...