After the race, I’ll be hanging around that area of Vermont, researching the available training. I’ll work my way home for a day or so, than head out to my own A-Race of the season, the Vermont Half-Ironman. Ever since January, I’ve been planning on having a great race there. But as you know, I’ve hit a few snags; I injured my ankle a couple months ago, and have since been unable to do any sort of run training. I still really want to do the race, but, I’m completely underdone. I know I have the fitness to get to the finish line, I just have no clue as to how fast I’ll get there (or how painful it’ll be). I’d say this definitely goes in the ‘stupid thing to do’ column, but that takes some pressure off – I don’t NEED to do well, just have a good time racing. Who knows, maybe this laid-back attitude will even lead to a good performance.
In all, it’ll be another couple great weeks of triathlon craziness. As always, I’ll keep you updated on what’s going on, and of course, share plenty of pictures. Also, anyone heading up to the Vermont Half, give me a shout… it’d be cool to meet up with some other athletes.
1 comment:
where are the maps?
Post a Comment