I’ve spent this past summer traveling around Vermont, looking for the best multisport training – the best rides, the best running loops or running trails, and the best pools or open water swims. I did it partly for the adventure, but really, I did it to gather the information to start building this website – multisportmaps.com…. a comprehensive guide of places to train for serious athletes. I’m starting with Vermont – if you’re anywhere in the state, and want to know where the closest lap pool is, or you want to know where the closest killer-climb is, or you just want to take a nice, short run from your door, it’ll be here. The full site, with at least the Vermont information included, is being built now (it’ll launch this spring). In the meantime though, I’ll be publishing a blog, developing the Multisport Maps culture - sharing descriptions and reviews of some of the places I visited, sharing some pictures, some stories from the road, and really, writing on anything to do with endurance sports, Vermont, my new home (Colorado), or whatever’s on my mind. I hope you enjoy!

----- Brian Burns

Saturday, November 17, 2007

I'm Done!

Well, that about does it. With a little work in the last few days, I’ve now covered pretty much all of Vermont. I’ve driven (or ridden) nearly every road, checked out every bike or running path, and swam in every pool (plus a bunch of lakes). All this is a single Jeep Cherokee with two bikes in the back, both packed among an old tent, a sleeping bag, and a lot of refried beans. I’ll spend the winter putting all this into a website – the information as much as my experiences - which will be up sometime early next spring. In the meantime though, I’m more than happy to share what I know. If you’re coming up here to Vermont soon, or are just exploring a new area of the state, and you want to know anything about the multisport scene, just drop me an email: multisportmaps@gmail.com - I’d be glad to help.

The Jeep, packed up for a trip:

No comments: