We've had a dry winter here in Boulder - no significant snow to speak of in awhile. But last night, a good 5 or 6 inches fell. Real nice, wet stuff too... what Vermonters call a sugar snow. We don't have any sugar maples here, and I haven't made any syrup (though I did eat some of my father's in my oatmeal this morning), but I figured I should still celebrate. So I threw on my running gear, strapped up my sneakers, and went for a long run. It was my best one all season... under weighted branches, and along rushing streams, all over our open space trails. It (of course) looks and feels different here in Colordao, but the time reminded me of Vermont. Protected, peaceful, and beautiful.
So, to you guys in Vermont: Enjoy the last of winter, and I'll see you soon.
Monday, March 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment